This Year’s Kanturk Arts Festival takes place from Thursday 15th March to Monday 19th March 2018.
Flash Fiction Prizes
Your Flash Fiction entry can be inspired by, suggested by or based on the accompanying image.
- No entry form is needed.
- There is no entry fee for this competition
- You must be between 13 and 16 years of age.
- Entry is online or by post if required.
- The competition is open to writers of any nationality writing in English.
- Maximum number of words is 500
- Your entry must be original and must not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast or have won a prize.
- The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If the judge deems a sufficiently high standard hasn’t been reached no prizes will be awarded
- Stories cannot be altered or substituted once they have been entered.
- Entry is taken to be acceptance of these rules.
- All entries must be submitted no later than 10 pm Wednesday, January 31st, 2018.
A shortlist will appear on Kanturk Arts Festival page two weeks prior to Kanturk Arts Festival.
Winners will be contacted by email.
How to Enter Online
To enter online, click: Enter Flash Fiction Contest
and follow the instructions.
MAKE SURE YOUR NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS ARE NOT IN THE BODY OF YOUR ENTRY
(Judging is done anonymously.) Your entry and name are linked automatically when you enter. Receipt of entry will be by email only.
How to Enter by Post
Post to: Kanturk Arts Festival, Raveloe, Curragh Court, Kanturk, Co. Cork
All entries must be printed on one side of the page only in a reasonably sized type and using double spacing.
The Flash Fiction Prize will be judged anonymously, so please do not put your name or contact details on any of your entry’s pages. Instead, include all contact details on a separate sheet of paper.
Receipt of entry will be by email only.
Entries will not be returned.